Retained List And Squad | Page 11 | Vital Football

Retained List And Squad

At the moment I’d want to sign a GK, 2CB’s, a box to box midfielder, another ball winning midfielder, 2 wingers and a striker. Plus replacements for anymore who move on.

what a list... 50 contracted players at some of those championship clubs, what do they do with them all?

i wonder what the percentage is that never kick a ball in competitive football...

Retrospective!!!
????
Yep, the decks are being cleared I can see that needs to happen before you can bring players in. But Danny needs to get his finger out now. If Long and Palmer follow suit, we'll have 1.5 keepers, 5 defenders, 6 midfielders and 2 forwards. 14.5 players. I'm sure he has some good players waiting in the wings to come in. Jack Hobbs? Michael OConnor, Theo and Danny Rowe would be a good quartet to bring in next week.

14 players on the books currently with a shout of a first team shirt.....there must be an awful lot of business already done behind the scenes but contracts not finalised yet.(signed)

Anyone spotted a minibus on it`s way down Lincoln high street,new lads all hanging out the windows decked in red and white waving contract forms!

14 players on the books currently with a shout of a first team shirt.....there must be an awful lot of business already done behind the scenes but contracts not finalised yet.(signed)

Anyone spotted a minibus on it`s way down Lincoln high street,new lads all hanging out the windows decked in red and white waving contract forms!
Is that 14 plus Chapman?

Updated following the departure of Elliott Whitehouse:

The current squad is (contract date):

Goalkeepers (2):
Josh Vickers (2019)
Richard Walton (contract offered)

Defenders (6):
Neal Eardley (2020)
Harry Toffolo (2020)
James Wilson (2020)
Sam Habergham (2019)
Luke Waterfall (2019)
Sean Long (contract offered)

Midfielders (6):
Harry Anderson (2020)
Bruno Andrade (2020)
Michael Bostwick (2020)
Ellis Chapman (2020)
Lee Frecklington (2020)
Tom Pett (2020)

Forwards (3):
Matt Rhead (2019)
Matt Green (2019)
Ollie Palmer (2019)

Total: 17
Under contract: 15
Contracts pending: 2

Is that 14 plus Chapman?
14 is guys DC WILL USE ON A REGULAR BASIS so discounts Chapman and Walton.
7 weeks till season starts and some new heads will surface in time for the Portugal trip ......early July i think plus player contracts may end 30 june ?
plenty of time to get a few new skins on method.

Last edited:
I think you are underestimating young Mr Chapman. I know he is very highly rated at the club and Leicester weren't keen on letting him come back but he sort forced their hand I believe.

I wouldn't be in the least surprised to see him start featuring a bit more this season. (watch this space).

I agree Casper.