Summer 2018 Transfer Window Official Thread | Page 48 | Vital Football

Summer 2018 Transfer Window Official Thread

Well Poch did say he wanted new players in before the world cup. It was never going to happen. I'm sure he knew that, he just said that so the fans knew it wasn't down to him. lol

A leopard never changes it's spots. Levy has his way and he will never change.

Us not selling anyone is a concern. We really nee to speed up the departures.

Well Poch did say he wanted new players in before the world cup. It was never going to happen. I'm sure he knew that, he just said that so the fans knew it wasn't down to him. lol

A leopard never changes it's spots. Levy has his way and he will never change.

Us not selling anyone is a concern. We really nee to speed up the departures.
We have a lot of issues / contracts / departures that need urgent attention .
Is everyone that needs to be all over these items on holiday at the moment . It's awful quiet

I'd say the way it is now is probably how it always is on a WC year. Players try to get a short break before they report to their national teams, then the warm up games happen, then the World Cup, then maybe another short break for the players who played and THEN the ball starts rolling.

Players and agents also make it clear that they wont do any transfer business until after the WC, when prices and fees can hit a premium.

Its always a weird time. I don't think Poch meant he wanted all our business done before the WC. I think I was speaking about it being the ideal situation to get players in before it when you consider how much prices go up after the WC and how competitive it can be to get/keep players who have had a good tournament.

Things are warming up . SSN are reporting that Martial AND his agent are both saying he has decided he wants to leave manure , and that we are long term admirers for his signature

Things are warming up . SSN are reporting that Martial AND his agent are both saying he has decided he wants to leave manure , and that we are long term admirers for his signature

He does want out, but an agent friend of mine is saying he prefers a move to Spain or Italy, but Manures asking price is stratospheric given how short his contract period remains.

I can only see us taking our interest further if we're moving on Lamela and they get realistic with their supposed valuation.

They are also reporting that Toby replied to a question about him staying and playing for us next season by saying " yeah , why not "

Exactly as I said it was the case months/weeks ago; this is now being openly reported:

"Duncan Castles of the Sunday Times believes both Alderweireld and Tottenham’s demands are proving problematic for potential suitors in the summer transfer window.

“The transfer fee and the wage demands have made it difficult for Alderweireld to find a club,” Castles told the Transfer Window podcast.

He does want out, but an agent friend of mine is saying he prefers a move to Spain or Italy, but Manures asking price is stratospheric given how short his contract period remains.

I can only see us taking our interest further if we're moving on Lamela and they get realistic with their supposed valuation.
Can't see a problem with that Ex , until you you mentioned the bit about them getting realistic . Do you know what their asking price/valuation is...
I 'know' in his original transfer ,there were numerous add ons which made his total cost something stupid , but I'm not sure how all that works or if he has fulfilled all those conditions

Can't see a problem with that Ex , until you you mentioned the bit about them getting realistic . Do you know what their asking price/valuation is...
I 'know' in his original transfer ,there were numerous add ons which made his total cost something stupid , but I'm not sure how all that works or if he has fulfilled all those conditions

I did ask, and he seemed to think they won't take a penny beneath £50 mill for him - crazy for a player with a year left on his contract that's not been good enough to go to the World Cup and is often criticized for his on/off attitude to work rate..

I can't see us paying that much for a player who remains unproven in the PL, but you never know!

Exactly as I said it was the case months/weeks ago; this is now being openly reported:

"Duncan Castles of the Sunday Times believes both Alderweireld and Tottenham’s demands are proving problematic for potential suitors in the summer transfer window.

“The transfer fee and the wage demands have made it difficult for Alderweireld to find a club,” Castles told the Transfer Window podcast.

Also need to factor in his injury and how it needs to be managed . Others on here would know better , but would that sort of condition be detrimental to any medical associated to a multi million pound transfer

Both Toby and Spurs are playing a game of risk. We only have one suitor for Toby in Utd whereas they seem to have 2 for Martial, Juve and us. I wouldn't mind betting that there will be more suitors for Martial appearing soon now they've gone public about wanting to leave.

What's needed most is a 2nd or 3rd genuine suitor for Toby. That is the game changer for Levy and for Toby. Let's hope he has a good World Cup.

Dembo to China is an interesting one. Do your reckon if we took their money and sent another player like Janssen or Sissoko in his place, they would know any different? :-)

Both Toby and Spurs are playing a game of risk. We only have one suitor for Toby in Utd whereas they seem to have 2 for Martial, Juve and us. I wouldn't mind betting that there will be more suitors for Martial appearing soon now they've gone public about wanting to leave.

What's needed most is a 2nd or 3rd genuine suitor for Toby. That is the game changer for Levy and for Toby. Let's hope he has a good World Cup.

I know this is easy to say; but just believe me (the truth always comes out about this stuff eventually) there were 6 clubs interested in Toby, 4 allegedly moved to personal talks (probably just sounding out the agent), I'm told two are left....one we know is having second thoughts, maybe that's why Toby is beginning to think £130k + bonus's new deal = probably around £150-60k per week, suddenly doesn't look that bad...?

I know this is easy to say; but just believe me (the truth always comes out about this stuff eventually) there were 6 clubs interested in Toby, 4 allegedly moved to personal talks (probably just sounding out the agent), I'm told two are left....one we know is having second thoughts, maybe that's why Toby is beginning to think £130k + bonus's new deal = probably around £150-60k per week, suddenly doesn't look that bad...?

In the world of fantasy football, Toby would sign a new Spurs contract and we would sign a pre-contract agreement with de Ligt meaning he'd join us in a season or two.

I hate being a realist :-)

United won’t sell us Martial.