Ashley v Rafa | Vital Football

Ashley v Rafa

Rexn

Vital Champions League
it seems to be being reported that Rafa wants a transfer budget before signing a contract extension and Ashley wants Rafa to sign a new contract before getting cash for transfers.

Given Ashley's approach to other business, that sounds feasible.

Who will win?

Ashley has shown himself crap at football decisions, Rafa has won everything in the book.

With Rafa, NUFC might just be worth £350m. Without him Ashley would be lucky to get £250m. Rafa is a strategist, Ashley is a dealer.

My own perspective of the outcome is that Rafa will be poached by another club paying his release clause. Is anyone out there more optimistic?

We know how this ends its just how long it takes, i bet Pardew is sat in front of a mirror stroking his ego with thoughts of returning to Newcarstle

There will no winner. Just a big loser in all this and it isnt Rafa.

What has gone on before in Ashley's time was done with the pretence of newness and lack of history. Now he's been found out and he reverts to type, this can only end one way.

@bruce, his ego? The mind boggles!

@Toony - looks like Ashley is trowing away tens of millions in his valuation of the club.

Ashley v Rafa ?

They are teammates.

I do believe Rafa will jump ship at the first decent opportunity though.

Despite the assertion he has won everything in the book, it is obvious not every club wants him and the very fact he works for Ashley shows how desperate he is to prove himself after a string of rejections from the very top clubs.

Me I don't think Rafa has as much leverage over Ashley as some seem to think. Ashley has learned now that he needs a top manager to keep the value of the club up. If Rafa goes he can hire a different top manager. Anyway the value of the club on paper only matters if he was going to sell it, which he isn't.

I see Spain have sacked their head coach days before the World Cup. Why doesn’t Rafa take that on part time? He may as well - nowt happening here either managerial contract or incoming players-wise. Potential extra kudos for him. Especially if he wins it.

I see Spain have sacked their head coach days before the World Cup. Why doesn’t Rafa take that on part time? He may as well - nowt happening here either managerial contract or incoming players-wise. Potential extra kudos for him. Especially if he wins it.

It's mental Finn...
I understand them being pissed off that they were kept in the dark but sacking him two days before the competition is staggeringly petty.

Apparently they've went with Fernando Hierro,I would have put money on Zidane getting the call.

The more I look at the problems at Villa, the more I think Bruce will be Ashley's choice of manager to piss us off next season.

That article looks bang on to me its how the fat man rolls anyone who expects different is living in cloud cuckoo land. The only question is whether Rafa walks.

Me I don't think Rafa has as much leverage over Ashley as some seem to think. Ashley has learned now that he needs a top manager to keep the value of the club up. If Rafa goes he can hire a different top manager. Anyway the value of the club on paper only matters if he was going to sell it, which he isn't.

Do you really think top managers are that easy to get hold of? Especially given Ashleys growing reputation

But remember, it doesn't matter anyway, because he is not going to sell the club, never was unless someone is prepared to pay stupid money.

Rafa is back at St James with Ashley's cronies and Ashley on the big screen for a conference call. Rafa should resign as a matter of principle, which I thought he was going to do if he was not backed, which clearly he has not. No new signings and back in training next week. It's a comedy.