Lyle Taylor ! | Vital Football

Lyle Taylor !

R

redimps1

Dont honestly know if true or not as i have got this from stagsnet!
Lyle Taylor somebody is alledging failed a medical at lincoln.Anybody heared or seen anything about this as he is meant to be a major target of ours?

James Collins of Luton was alleged to have failed a fitness test last week, either at Mansfield or Notts County. Perhaps that is connected?

Who knows? There are so many rumours flying around, and you have to wonder at the motives of some of the people circulating them.

There was a rumour last week that a player had failed a medical at a Div 2 club.
According to my Football Manager 2018 demo disc, he had a broken ankle in 2010 but nothing since. Also looks like he has a very good record of appearances in recent years, 42,45,41,48,50 and 55 this season.
He was stretchered off in Wimbledon's last game, and was reported as achilles/ligament and they felt he would be fine with some rest over the summer..

Ex agent said someone had failed a medical at league two club that would have been a really big signing for that and the deal would have made the agent very rich too from the deal so it could be Mr Taylor or the other deal mentioned.
Did read several league one and Championship sides were after Mr Taylor so when he's fit they'll be plenty of teams want him, good player.

Don’t think it was Lyle Taylor or Lincoln involved! The player that failed a medical was under contract at the other club and there was a transfer fee to be paid!

Am I the only one who is a bit baffled by the ongoing Taylor link? The player is 28 and established in league 1, out of contract so surely looking to get a signing on fee and wage package our limits. Championship and bigger L1 clubs linked so why would he move to SB? Don't get me wrong I'd love to see it happen put I wouldn't pin any hopes on it.

Don’t think it was Lyle Taylor or Lincoln involved! The player that failed a medical was under contract at the other club and there was a transfer fee to be paid!

A very valid point. He has been offered a new deal at Wimbledon but at 28 can just walk away for nowt. Also could an agent get 'very' rich on a deal between us and Wimbledon? I suppose wealth is a matter of perspective but it just doesn't seem likely

Am I the only one who is a bit baffled by the ongoing Taylor link? The player is 28 and established in league 1, out of contract so surely looking to get a signing on fee and wage package our limits. Championship and bigger L1 clubs linked so why would he move to SB? Don't get me wrong I'd love to see it happen put I wouldn't pin any hopes on it.
Its the Cowley link! Thats why having previously played for them! Plus no fee of course were paying signing on fees thats how we got Bossie(as well as sausage n chips for family) Freck n Pett plus wete paying bonus targets to keep the weekly wages diwn

Its the Cowley link! Thats why having previously played for them! Plus no fee of course were paying signing on fees thats how we got Bossie(as well as sausage n chips for family) Freck n Pett plus wete paying bonus targets to keep the weekly wages diwn
That's quite a link if it sees a player in high demand dropping down a league!

Id agree with Bostwick, Not sure I would with the others.
Maybe Eardley could still do a job in L1 - The other two would struggle I think. Personally think Anderson is hugely, hugely overrated.

Id agree with Bostwick, Not sure I would with the others.
Maybe Eardley could still do a job in L1 - The other two would struggle I think. Personally think Anderson is hugely, hugely overrated.
Eardley could 'maybe' still do a job in the Championship, he's definitely L1 quality, getting to sign a new contract here a major coup.

Freck is 'slowing down' but could still have dropped to a lesser L1 team. Anderson's season was curious - before his red card at Luton, he was terrifying defenders, not always the final product but clearly his potential was there to see. He seemed to lose pace and confidence thereafter, hopefully just a blip and part of his learning the game and we'll see him back to his best next season. Harry at his best is not to be overrated!

I'm not sure, I obviously think Eardley is quality, but he is not Championship quality in my eyes.

As for Harry , again, I like him, but I am not sure what he offers - Lacks goals, composure, and any kind of rhythm.

Personally I see him as no more than a bench player. Its always said that to get promoted you need 4 or 5 capable of playing in the division above. Currently I am not sure we are at that point. However, if this is a positive transfer window, then we could be.

Eardley could 'maybe' still do a job in the Championship, he's definitely L1 quality, getting to sign a new contract here a major coup.

Freck is 'slowing down' but could still have dropped to a lesser L1 team. Anderson's season was curious - before his red card at Luton, he was terrifying defenders, not always the final product but clearly his potential was there to see. He seemed to lose pace and confidence thereafter, hopefully just a blip and part of his learning the game and we'll see him back to his best next season. Harry at his best is not to be overrated!

Or possibly not to be UNDER rated

I'm not sure, I obviously think Eardley is quality, but he is not Championship quality in my eyes.

As for Harry , again, I like him, but I am not sure what he offers - Lacks goals, composure, and any kind of rhythm.

Personally I see him as no more than a bench player. Its always said that to get promoted you need 4 or 5 capable of playing in the division above. Currently I am not sure we are at that point. However, if this is a positive transfer window, then we could be.
We might have those players, but we don't have the rest of the squad at the moment. Eardley, Habergham, Bostwick and Freck all are. Then Wilson, Pett, Green, Anderson, Palmer, Vickers, Andrade, Waterfall and Whitehouse would all be interesting to see how they do at League 1 with us.

"Its always said that to get promoted you need 4 or 5 capable of playing in the division above"
we were promoted with farman, waterfall, raggett, habergham, woodyard, hawkridge, anderson, rhead, angol in the side.

last season to january we had eardley, raggett, dickie, bostwick, woodyard in the side.
post-january we had allsop, eardley, wilson, woodyard, bostwick, frecklington, rowe. [plus williams]

which suggests that the number is much higher than five.