World Cup question | Vital Football

World Cup question

Red Wimp

Vital Football Legend
Not trying to take ScotImps job, but something I read today I hadn't realised, so providing you didn't read the same article as me might be a teaser.
Which World Cup coach, managed a team against the Imps?

I remember seeing Martinez play against us in the 2004-05 season when we beat Swans 1-0 thanks to an own goal by now Birmingham boss Garry Monk in the last minute. I think his time as Swansea boss was in a higher division than us unless it was a cup game ( or I.m just wrong)

Pretty sure he played against us for Wigan in an extremely cold festive period game in the 90s.

Other than Martinez and Southgate the only WC coach I can think of who managed here is the current Morocco boss Renard.

I remember a few years back when he won the African Cup of Nations with Zambia they kept referring to a season he had in charge at Cambridge United in the early noughties. I assume that our paths may have crossed in that season

My WC question is how the hell did SBS get the coverage rights - they are awful, and not even covering every game (at least here in Australia).

Definitely Herve Renard - he was in charge in 2004. I was at the game, we won 1-0 with Franny Green scoring the only goal, it wasn't a classic by any means!

My WC question is how the hell did SBS get the coverage rights - they are awful, and not even covering every game (at least here in Australia).

Oooo it's a tough life living in the beautiful, sunny City of Perth Australia isn't it! :LOL:

N

Not at the moment - winter here. Cold and wet and stormy, although not cold by British standards ?

Yeah I bet it's horrid poor you! :LOL:.

Although tbf it's 24 degrees and sunny here today and I notice it's only going to be 18 degrees in Perth tomorrow. Sounds like a really severe winter you are having! :grinning:

N

Not at the moment - winter here. Cold and wet and stormy, although not cold by British standards ?

I 'suffered' on my only visit to Australia during your so called winter, July 1991 in Adelaide , when I think I did have to put on a jacket one day when the temperature nearly reached single figures

O
Yeah I bet it's horrid poor you! :LOL:.

Although tbf it's 24 degrees and sunny here today and I notice it's only going to be 18 degrees in Perth tomorrow. Sounds like a really severe winter you are having! :grinning:

OK Guvnor - hands up. My defence is ... all things are relative - & its relatively cold here ?

I 'suffered' on my only visit to Australia during your so called winter, July 1991 in Adelaide , when I think I did have to put on a jacket one day when the temperature nearly reached single figures
Yeah - I can relate to that. Having to wear jeans and a fleece at the moment - some days ??