Tony Xia Thread | Page 34 | Vital Football

Tony Xia Thread

I again say in Xia's defence, Chinese policy changed AFTER he brought us.

Also, not sure in what way he is a "fraud".

He coughed up £60-odd million for the club and spent the thick end of £90m on transfers in his first summer. He's obviously got some money, whether it's the billions he claims is maybe less clear.

The fact is: we are clearly being hampered by the regulations preventing huge sums from leaving China. And it's quite possible he is not as minted as he makes/made out if the regular transfers to Villa's account have indeed dried up.

This could be due to said restrictions on capital leaving China or it could be due to him running out of money. Either way, he probably should look to get rid of the club as he is apparently not in a position to continue funding us.

Over and above that, we know fuck all in reality, so maybe let's wait and see what unfolds before jumping to conclusions.

Holtelower said:
If you haven't heard, the club have announced the 5 year kit deal we signed with Under Armour 22 months ago has been terminated immediately "by mutual agreement"

Maybe I am over exxagerating but something doesn't add up here. There have been rumours of bills not being paid etc... for a few months - this seems very worrying to me.

To terminate a kit supllier 5 weeks from the end of the season, when the new kit is supposed to be being announced, and three years early ???

Something is wrong somewhere.

MELON Donkey rellied

When i first read the story this afternoon my first thought was i bet someone on vital would spin it into a sign of the club being in the crap. Nevermind the dozens of other reasons it could be.

I say now.

Looking back now, my instinct was right. The UA stuff was clearly the prelude to this. Reading the reports tonighg I am hugely worried. He has got 2m from China anx loaned 4m for the next few months. What then ?.

We are literally living hand go mouth, anx one week there will be no handout. Unless a sale materialises, we will be in admin by October.

Can I ask.....

Does anybody STILL think relegation was good for the club ?

Well done Holte lower. You're my hero.

No, I get that Silhil I've seen the same - it ties with stories of him turning from corporate to private individual and possible span offs in Chinese law when it comes to taking money out of the country.

All I can state for a fact is China's crackdown on money leaving the country for football clubs and others came after he brought us. I'm not defending him through blind faith, but the proverbial playing field changed after he took ownership.

For me that means RL takes no blame as he couldn't foresee it, and it also means Xia takes no blame as he couldn't foresee it.

For Xia it leaves open, why go shit or bust instead of a real plan - but if he thought he could bankroll wouldn't you go shit or bust. Thinking if you went bust you could try going shit or bust again.

It's just China's change in policy is one thing I won't throw at Xia - much like I wouldn't throw his divorce at RL.

There has to be a baseline where you don't go Twitter and factor things in that can knock the best of people that they never see coming. If that makes sense mate.

Holtelower said:
If you haven't heard, the club have announced the 5 year kit deal we signed with Under Armour 22 months ago has been terminated immediately "by mutual agreement"

Maybe I am over exxagerating but something doesn't add up here. There have been rumours of bills not being paid etc... for a few months - this seems very worrying to me.

To terminate a kit supllier 5 weeks from the end of the season, when the new kit is supposed to be being announced, and three years early ???

Something is wrong somewhere.

MELON Donkey rellied

When i first read the story this afternoon my first thought was i bet someone on vital would spin it into a sign of the club being in the crap. Nevermind the dozens of other reasons it could be.

I say now.

Looking back now, my instinct was right. The UA stuff was clearly the prelude to this. Reading the reports tonighg I am hugely worried. He has got 2m from China anx loaned 4m for the next few months. What then ?.

We are literally living hand go mouth, anx one week there will be no handout. Unless a sale materialises, we will be in admin by October.

Can I ask.....

Does anybody STILL think relegation was good for the club ?

I don't think there is a single person on here who has ever at any point said relegation was good for the club...

As far as the Under Armour deal goes, they're having their own financial troubles here in the states and are being forced to cut a number of their sports divisions as a result.

How you could possibly say a terminated kit deal (in which Under Armour pays us, by the way, not the other way around) was the prelude to our clubs current financial disaster is beyond me. If you'd like to know more about how sports sponsorship deals work feel free to DM me, I'd be happy to talk you through them (I work for the New York Yankees and happen to sell multi-year sponsorships)

Another example of looking for more negatives to try and keep the doom and gloom train chugging right along. Baffling

Ffs get off the fence.

Yes. I'm angry now.

Since the play offs its been a bit like being dumped for another bloke by the best looking girlfriend you are ever going to have.

First you are upset (Wembley)

Then you are in denial. You think everything is going to be ok and you will get back together but deep down you have that bad feeling and you know its over (Wembley until tax gate this week)

Anger. Reality comes, its over, you aint never going to to get back, done dusted. Its unfair to be treated like this, done nothing wrong!!!!. (Post tax gate and including Dr Twats statement today)

I don't think there is a single person on here who has ever at any point said relegation was good for the club...

As far as the Under Armour deal goes, they're having their own financial troubles here in the states and are being forced to cut a number of their sports divisions as a result.

How you could possibly say a terminated kit deal (in which Under Armour pays us, by the way, not the other way around) was the prelude to our clubs current financial disaster is beyond me. If you'd like to know more about how sports sponsorship deals work feel free to DM me, I'd be happy to talk you through them (I work for the New York Yankees and happen to sell multi-year sponsorships)

Another example of looking for more negatives to try and keep the doom and gloom train chugging right along. Baffling
Can you forge some documents and get us sponsored!

(no reply needed btw lol)

I don't see he's put a penny in, he's just borrowed til he can't borrow anymore. Credit the size of his balls metaphorically speaking but he's no worse off financially than ever . He's blown all the parachutes and now that's gone he's as fucked as a duck in china

I don't see he's put a penny in, he's just borrowed til he can't borrow anymore. Credit the size of his balls metaphorically speaking but he's no worse off financially than ever . He's blown all the parachutes and now that's gone he's as fucked as a duck in china

If he was the crook a lot of people say he was he would have pocketed the parachutes, not borrowed any money, not put any money into transfers or the club or anything really, and fucked off to China a while ago...

But hey, different strokes for different folks

I have looked on companies house and have found the following:

Recon Football Ltd is the old aston villa limited (i.e. the actual football club), and is owned by Recon Sports Ltd (a holding company which was previously owned by Lerner under a different company name). This in turn is owned by Recon Group UK ltd (another holding company), which was set up when in May 2016, around the time Villa was bought.

It appears Recon Group UK ltd only has 1 shareholder; Recon Group Ltd, which is not on companies house, so this might be a foreign company and I would guess it could be another translation of the company mentioned in annual accounts for 2017 as the ultimate holding company, Zhejiang Riukang (Recon) Investment Co Ltd.

So Recon is the entity that owns us, but it is unclear how much ownership Xia has on the master Recon company. If Xia did own us directly I would imagine it would be shown on the official records - although Xia is listed a person with significant control (direct or indirect) of 75% or more of the voting rights and ownership - so must be the main guy at some point down the line.

Last edited:
My view
He gambled it all on a return to the prem . Cost him only finance charges . If we made it he flips at big profit .
He lost the gamble and is now fucked .
I'm not sure he has paid Lerner fully yet either .
This should never be happening to this club or institution but it has , wider debate , house of Fraser , JLR, etc etc
Country is fucked up

My view
He gambled it all on a return to the prem . Cost him only finance charges . If we made it he flips at big profit .
He lost the gamble and is now fucked .
I'm not sure he has paid Lerner fully yet either .
This should never be happening to this club or institution but it has , wider debate , house of Fraser , JLR, etc etc
Country is fucked up

This should probably be in the Conspiracy Thread in Witton Lane, to be honest.

Although I totally agree: the country is fucked up.

think there's been a few who reckoned relegation would be good for the club to have a clear out and come back fighting fit, young and hungry and a host of other shite to be fair
but that's long since gone now.

Curious about the kit supplier deals though - I thought the supplier nike,adidas, UA (or a fella with a shop in merryhill) etc etc
paid us and then receives revenue back from shirt sales @ 85%+ of revenue generated.
so they pay us and then we pay them - hard to see where that could break down
seems like nonsense but then you wouldn't think we'd be going cap in hand to Burnley or having to negotiate part payments for a £4 mill bill or mortgage off transfer fees
ho hum

Last edited:
I think both Lansbury and Hourihane were in the last 6 months of their contract so we were able to get the relatively cheaply in terms of transfer fee, around 2m for each if I remember correctly. Problem is we offered both crazy wages. Hourihane was on less than 10k a week a Barnsley and here he's on 32k per week. Lansbury was widely mentioned as signing a 40k a week contract when he joined, probably wasn't on even half of that at Forest. All this reminds me of the famous story about Seth Johnstone signing for Leeds. Him and his agent go into the negotiations looking to get 16k a week at best and Risdale offers them 30 straight out the gate before finally settling on 37k.
How disgraceful [and no disrespect to The Tykes] that one of their players was on less than £10,000 per week, like £520,000 per annum. So pleased we could alleviate the obvious hardship being endured

I cannot, but I did use internal email to reach out to our rumored potential new owner... No response of yet, it's almost like he doesn't care about the curiosities of an employee

Are these the people who also own 20% of New York City FC? They wouldn't even need to buy us; a 20% stake in Villa would solve the cash flow business, and a partnership with Xia could work pretty well.

Hope you're saying nice things about us ...

Rumours of new Chinese consortium to arrive at Villa Park, these include,
  • Financial advisor: Sum Ting Wong
  • Sales of Land assets: No Pah King
  • Medical consultant: Ai Bang Mai Ni
  • WAGS advisor: Wai So Dim
  • Club Lawyer: So Su Mi
The group are collectively known as Wong Fook Ting Club
(have i gone too far)
What? Is there no Dr in the house?