Retained List And Squad | Page 8 | Vital Football

Retained List And Squad

Thank you, gentlemen! :giggle: I think it was just the shock of realising that I had called someone a youngster and was being entirely irony free at the time :lol:

wow you old codger . Is that a line from your youth .

Mind you the young lady lives in London , so no wonder she dosent look it lol . :agree:

Ha, ha, mate! It would only have been a line from my youth if I were trying to get off with an older woman. It worked occasionally!

Further to the comment regarding compensation for the younger players, don't forget that a player has a better chance of finding a deal with another club if they have been offered a new contract by the existing club. Sometimes, the existing club will do that solely to help them to do so.

Therefore, just because a player has been offered a contract does not necessarily mean there is an agreement in place for the existing club to retain them.

Updated following the signing of Bruno Andrade:

The current squad is (contract date):

Goalkeepers (3):
Josh Vickers (2019)
Paul Farman (2019)
Richard Walton (contract offered)

Defenders (5):
Neal Eardley (2020)
James Wilson (2020)
Sam Habergham (2019)
Luke Waterfall (2019)
Sean Long (contract offered)

Midfielders (9):
Harry Anderson (2020)
Bruno Andrade (2020)
Michael Bostwick (2020)
Ellis Chapman (2020)
Lee Frecklington (2020)
Tom Pett (2020)
Nathan Arnold (2019)
Alex Woodyard (2019)
Elliott Whitehouse (contract offered)

Forwards (3):
Matt Rhead (2019)
Matt Green (2019)
Ollie Palmer (2019)

Total: 20
Under contract: 17
Contracts pending: 3

The signing of Bruno Andrade provides another indication - following the January signings of Tom Pett and Lee Frecklington - that City's playing style will continue to evolve into next season.

With Andrade being a right-sided winger, his signing may also offer a few clues over which other players may be on their way in and out of Sincil Bank over the next two months.

A return to 4-4-2?

The signing of Bruno Andrade provides another indication - following the January signings of Tom Pett and Lee Frecklington - that City's playing style will continue to evolve into next season.

With Andrade being a right-sided winger, his signing may also offer a few clues over which other players may be on their way in and out of Sincil Bank over the next two months.

A return to 4-4-2?
another right sided player. haha. pretty sure andrade has just had his most successful season playing up front in a 3-4-3 formation at borehamwood. although eardley/andrade down the right side could be tasty.

another right sided player. haha. pretty sure andrade has just had his most successful season playing up front in a 3-4-3 formation at borehamwood. although eardley/andrade down the right side could be tasty.

And I wonder where that leaves the potential signing of Danny Rowe? Dead in the water?

And interesting that Lincoln's announcement describes him as a forward. A clue there?

If he's a right sided winger, that should put pressure on Harry, particularly on the goal-scoring front. DC does like a goal-scoring winger ?

Our midfield options look pretty much set in stone for the foreseeable future, with six of them contracted for two more years and two for one more year.

What the Andrade signing almost guarantees is more goals. Last season we scored 65 league goals including the play-offs; with two being own goals, we can call it 63 scored by Lincoln players. We have retained the players who scored 55 of those - the addition of a goalscoring winger/striker can only build on that excellent foundation.

A return to 4-4-2?
Andrade fits into the 4-4-2 set up, but we are in need of a signing left side to cover Sam,midfield leftside...very short and front leftside .....non existent.
I expect DC to sign a left sided player in the offing otherwise we show no balance in the lineup.

As things stand the squad is still unbalanced-early days I know !
Wouldn't have offered Wright a contract-probably needs to pay off Arnold.

Allsop linked with Wycombe.
Am I the only one who thinks Farman is good enough for League Two? I don’t think we need Allsop.
Also Billy Waters reportedly available at Northampton, a guy we were linked with last season. Port Vale already linked with him naturally ??

As things stand the squad is still unbalanced-early days I know !
Wouldn't have offered Wright a contract-probably needs to pay off Arnold.
No need to pay off Arnold. He'll have plenty of takers if required and he's a saleable asset, not one you'd let go and pay him.

Am I the only one who thinks Farman is good enough for League Two? I don’t think we need Allsop.
Also Billy Waters reportedly available at Northampton, a guy we were linked with last season. Port Vale already linked with him naturally ??

Yes, you are. But a fit Vickers is fine with Farman as back-up in my opinion. there's Walters as well, I guess.

I think Ryan will go elsewhere.