Villa v Fulham - Wembley | Vital Football

Villa v Fulham - Wembley

wal

Vital Squad Member
Can we beat a very good fulham side if so how
Do we man mark there two key players .do we play the long ball game .do we play 2 up front and play with wide men whipping the balls in
Most have fulham as firm favourites but its a final and who would have thought blues would put 3 past them

I think we'll beat them.

I hope we'll do a Wolves and pull their pants down.

Why is this match so far away?

Fulham are a good side but they are massive bottlers.

Their record in playoffs is shocking, and as you say having gone months unbeaten when it really mattered and the pressure was on they folded against Blues.

I think Bruce will find a way to beat them.

Everyone raves about Fulham, but over the past 41 games (if you include the 2 playoff games and pretend they were worth points) then they would only have 1 point more than us.

it's pretty even in my book. Just about who handles the occasion better.

Reactions: BBJ
We will be given more space that Middlesborough gave us and I really think we can do some damage there.

At their place Super Jack and Albert were out injured and Snoddy had to play on the left and we were pretty disjointed. Given our full strength side I think we can do it at Wembley.

It would need to be our best performance of the season, with their system and pace.

Would need to be far better with the ball than last night, and movement off it.

I’m convincing myself we will find a way like 94, that was ridiculous on and off the pitch.

We need to find another wolves 4-1 performance.
I think experience will play a part but we can't rely solely on that.
Hope Mike Deans not ref.

As many decisons as Mike Dean got wrong last night, the key one did go in our favour.

If he'd given SJ a red we could have either lost or be going into the final with Mark Bunn in goal.

There is definitely a general feeling in the football world that Fulham are something special. They are not. They are a very good championship side I will admit that. But they didn't win the league, they didn't finish second. They are nothing to be scared of. We have smashed Wolves. We can smash Fulham. Not guaranteed at all but we can. As it's a final we probably won't smash them, it will be tight and cagey but again, we could smash them like we did to the runaway title winners in the
second half of that game.

We can of course put in a Norwich, QPR performance but I look at the experience in our team for the big occasion game.
Terry, Chester, Hutton, Jedi, Whelan, Albert, Snoddy, Thor. Players that have been there and done it at major international tournaments, qualifiers, champions league, premier league, play off finals, promotions. Even Super Jack has been there at a cup semi, and final. Our manager?. Been there done it.

Fulham, have they got that experience for the occasion?. Honestly I haven't looked and don't know for sure but I guess not. It's not in the bag,not even close. It will be tight and nervy, but with what we have....
Do you want to bet against us?