Match Thread: Accrington Stanley v Lincoln City | Page 21 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Accrington Stanley v Lincoln City

We really need to sort our set-pieces. They're all basically sh|t.
Indeed this floated in nonsense to the back post or straight into the keeper as it normally is isn't working at all.
More up and unders like we got the winner from last week will do fine.

I thought their goal was an OG by Wilson but I see its been credited to Clark. Is this correct, am I going blind or does it real matter seeing as we got beat. :rolleyes:

I thought their goal was an OG by Wilson but I see its been credited to Clark. Is this correct, am I going blind or does it real matter seeing as we got beat. :rolleyes:

Looked like an own goal to me! Very unfortunate as well, pinballed of a couple of people.

Also Kee man of the match!? Laughable. Yes over the season he’s been brilliant, but, today he looked very average and his penalty was woeful!

Well played lads, we got a lucky goal, defo deserved a draw from it, good luck in play offs, you will be in them

Game felt a bit like "after the lord mayors show" following Tuesday's win at Coventry- we looked tired first half and huffed/puffed second half without ever really troubling your goalkeeper.

You showed a great team spirit and it was good to see your fans enjoying their day as champions.

For us, it is all about 90 minutes next Saturday and nothing else.

Overall wasn't a bad away day even if the result wasn't where we wanted it to be

Bit of a shame your lads refused to give us a guard of honor but guess they was in a rush to get away

City never really got going until the final 15 minutes, when suddenly we were all over them. I can't believe that was anything like a normal performance by Accrington because they weren't very good on the day either, but did enough to win.

Someone posted earlier that there were two handballs in Lincoln's box in the build up to the goal. I have to take issue with that - there were three, one of which was as blatant as can be and actually made a loud 'splat' sound. Astonished the ref didn't hear it, let alone see it. These are the breaks.

Allsop made two excellent saves again - one from the penalty and another great reflex save with his foot after ten minutes or so. I just wish he would catch the ball instead of trying to punch it.

On we go to next week!

Congratulations to Accrington - you can't argue with their record, and they beat us (just). They were solid and pressed us all game, then withstood what we had to offer econd half, which was't quite us at our best, but its no shame being beaten by the Champions. Guard of honour? What - before the game when you weren't yet Champions or afterwards when you didn't leave the pitch for an hour because you were celebrating ?????
Have to say I was quite shocked at how small the Accrington ground was - compact and bijou to say the least. Definitely not a league one ground!

Guards of honour are done before the game matey, you'll get one next week at Swindon.
We got two last season at Maidstone and Southport.
Last time we won league we had one on way out too collect trophy and the following game walking out onto pitch

Last time we won league we had one on way out too collect trophy and the following game walking out onto pitch

Is it confirmed that we refused to give you a guard of honour or are you assuming that we refused based on what happened the last time you won the league in 2006 not happening this time?